By Hal Jones of TriNet
Growing companies may be known for innovative approaches or cutting edge technologies, but what positions a company for success is the people that drive it. Humans are every company’s greatest resource and managing your company’s human capital requires strategic knowledge that is evolving faster than cellphone technology.
To address complex business issues, more than 13,000 organizations and non-profits strategically partner with TriNet, a full service Human Resources Solutions company dedicated to small and mid-sized companies. With offices around the United States, TriNet operates two offices in the i4 corridor, in Maitland and Lake Mary.
Outsourcing HR needs is a common practice among businesses these days. In fact, Inc. Magazine estimates that about 85 percent of brokerage firms outsource at least some of their HR functions, providing employee benefits that small business owners typically cannot afford.
When it comes to recruiting and changing talent, TriNet looks to the latest industry best practices, provides support through employee relations and offers and manages employment practices liability insurance for clients against claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, unlawful retaliation, and harassment.
Utilizing an industry-specific, five-pronged approach developed by the professionals at TriNet, guidance and support for all areas of human resources are streamlined into a working strategic partnership. Banking on years of experience, TriNet is able to provide resources and training for employers and employees, webinars, online tools and calculators, and blogs on trending HR topics.
These options provide comprehensive employee management resources to businesses, so in turn they can keep their focus on providing the goods and services of their industries.
Five Pronged Approach to Customized
- Human Resources Team – Includes a solutions center, dedicated human capital team and others as needed for a specific industry
- Payroll – Taxes and filings, paycheck options and payroll support
- Benefits – Retaining top talent through top tier health benefits, retirement and marketplace options (discounted services and reduced prices on various goods)
- Risk & Compliance –Includes compliance guidance, worker’s compensation through an A+ rated carrier, employment practices risk management and other types of guidance narrowed by industry
- Technology Platform – Includes HR reporting and analysis, 24/7 real-time access for executives, managers and admin, and time and attendance tracking, including a mobile app
Managing and growing a business takes focus, dedication and attention to detail – which should be keenly focused on your specific market or product. TriNet and companies like ours pay attention to the rules and regulations of human resources for your company so you can go and do what you do best.
What to Look For
According to Top Ten Reviews – an independent review source that publishes thousands of third-party product reviews in a vast range of categories – there are a few considerations for making an informed choice about outsourcing human resources.
1. First, identify a company that assists in a variety of HR tasks and is in compliance with all state and federal guidelines.
The best solutions will offer assistance for the entire lifespan of employees, from the recruiting and selection process to terminations and exit interviews. The best will provide assistance with job postings, resume screening and background checks. Some will even help you develop or update an employee handbook to ensure your employees are familiar with labor laws and the functions of your business.
2. You will be working closely with the company you select; excellent customer service is imperative. Test them out and be sure you choose a partner who is accessible and responsive to your questions – you will have many.
3. Most of the top level providers will also offer online resources such as webinars, education tools and calculators, FAQ sections, articles or blogs, videos, etc., that can help you navigate the complex issues and questions that will arise.
4. Finally, look for special certifications or credentials that set companies apart from each other. At TriNet, we are proud of our affiliation with ESAC – the Employer Services Assurance Corporation, which validates the solid financial performance of Professional Employee Organizations (PEOs) – and who monitors us for adherence to important financial, ethical and operational standards. TriNet has been accredited by ESAC continuously since 1995.
Your company will rise and fall based on the people you position to carry out your ongoing mission and vision. Therefore, perhaps the most important decision you will make is identifying the people you partner with to find and serve those individuals who are driving that vision.
Hal Jones is TriNet’s Senior Director, Broker Channel/SE, where he partners with over 300 retail brokers and a dozen general agencies to bring their small to mid-market clients ‘best-in-class’ bundled-HR solutions.