SpaceCoast Business recognizes the incredible entrepreneurs and business leaders who are shaping our county and region. We tell the story of their professional journeys, the lessons that take a lifetime to acquire and the leadership principles that have guided their success.
In order to give our audience the opportunity to have an even more personal exposure to these transformative individuals and to celebrate their achievements, we present our Business Leaders of the Year event. The SpaceCoast Business 2017 Business Leaders of the Year is a rare opportunity to meet and hear from seven leaders in healthcare, technology, civic development, entrepreneurialism and more, who are having an impact not only their business sector, but on the larger business and cultural ecosystem.
2017 Business Leaders of the Year
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Space Coast Convention Center
- Our key honoree is Steve Johnson, CEO of Health First. Johnson is a nationally recognized thought-leader in healthcare, who has made Health First a gold standard among healthcare systems nationwide, through its four hospitals, numerous outpatient facilities, fitness centers and their health insurance plans. In the last five years, Health First has led with 25+ percent job growth, while increasing wages 22.7 percent. In addition, they have made $366 million in capital investments in the area, along with $637 million in charitable investments.
- William Chivers, the president of RUSH Construction is not only identified with some of the more iconic structures in the county, he has been a crucial player and advocate for the Titusville redevelopment programs that are shaping north Brevard.
- Sheriff Wayne Ivey is not only recognized throughout the state for lowering crime and making Brevard safer; he is also a tireless advocate for reducing the sources of crime through community engagement and education, while somehow finding time to serve on countless charitable boards.
- Winston Scott is Florida Institute of Technology’s senior vice president for external relations and economic development. This former astronaut and retired Navy Captain is a tireless ambassador of education, space exploration and serves as chair of the Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast.
- Mark Senti is the co-founder, CEO and chairman of AML Superconductivity and Magnetics, which is developing and bringing to market cutting-edge technology which can transform electrical systems and products worldwide.
- Natasha Cartagena Spencer is known throughout the region for her business acumen and community and civic engagement. The Sr. VP and branch manager of Shelter Mortgage Company covers Florida, S. Carolina, Texas & Alabama.
- Tom Wienckoski could only be described as a serial entrepreneur and an undaunted philanthropist. The founder of NuVantage Insurance Corporation and with his wife Charlotte, The Ultimate Rose, he has made an amazing contribution to the county he has called home for almost 40 years.
Their engagement is an inspiration and example to everyone in the business community as is their passion for every arena that makes up the mosaic of what our community is. They epitomize our goal of exalting freedom through ethical capitalism.