Submitting Copy, Images, Story Ideas & Press Releases
SCB Marketing welcomes local submissions for inclusion in its publications, websites, etc.
Send press releases, article submissions, announcements and images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2-3 months’ advance notice for event announcements and/or coverage. All submissions become the property of SCB Marketing (see “Waiver of Liability”).
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR “BEST PRACTICE” ARTICLES
- All articles must be 700-750 words (submissions with excessive word count will be returned for editing) submitted as a Word document (please do not send PDFs or other file formats);
- Include a 1-sentence bio on the writer (incl. name, title, company, contact info);
- A professional high resolution (300 DPI) headshot is required; if you do not have a professional headshot we can shoot one in our office – simply call us at (321) 622-5986 to set up an appointment. This headshot becomes the property of SCB Marketing however it can be purchased for personal use for a small fee;
- Original, previously unpublished work only;
- Submissions should not be self-promoting; editorial should share best business practices in your discipline of business expertise (e.g. legal, accounting, marketing, personal finance) for the general readership of the magazine;
- Highly editorialized or opinionated submissions are less likely to be published – stick to the facts;
- It is not necessary to write your article to tie to the monthly theme or focus of the edition; the theme is only provided for creative inspiration, if needed;
- Articles should be submitted at least two months prior to the publication date for consideration (e.g. articles for the May edition should be submitted no later than March 1);
- Due to limited space, there is no guarantee your submission will run in the edition tied to the due dates for a particular issue (e.g. just because an article is submitted by Mar 1 doesn’t guarantee it will be published in the May edition); all efforts are made to follow this schedule but submissions may be delayed for a future edition;
- Submitted articles become the property of Space Coast Business LLC (SCB) and are covered under our copyright. You may publish your submitted material on your company website AFTER it is published in the magazine. For other uses, please contact SCB;
- The publisher reserves the right to edit your submission;
- The publisher reserves the right and has the final decision whether or not to publish submitted material.
- By submitting your article via email you agree to the “Waiver of Liability” which can be found on our spacecoastbusiness.com under the “Submit” button at the top of the homepage.
Articles should be submitted to the editor, email@example.com
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
By submitting an article or other form of editorial copy via email or standard mail, the “Contributor” hereby grants Space Coast Business, LLC (“SCB”), its subsidiaries, affiliates and partners (collectively “SCB”) full ownership, permission and the exclusive copyright privileges associated with collecting, distributing, and publishing via any and all media outlets, not inclusive of its magazines, websites and other media outlets, of any and all information and/or any articles or images (collectively “content”) that the Contributor submits to SCB for the purpose of publishing, or for whatever use SCB determines appropriate.
Furthermore, Contributor acknowledges and accepts full responsibility for the content and accuracy of the information provided to SCB for publishing. Contributor hereby confirms that all content is drafted, written, developed or photographed solely by Contributor, and the use of third party sources associated with Contributor’s content are cited appropriately as required by law. Contributor understands, acknowledges and authorizes SCB to edit, shorten, change language, make and/or correct grammatical errors, crop, color correct, or make other visual modifications
(collectively “edits”) throughout any and all content Contributor provides to SCB, and as SCB deems necessary, and to perform any and all edits without Contributor approval, or without providing notice to Contributor.
Contributor understands and acknowledges that he or she must obtain written authorization from SCB regarding the (re)publishing, (re)distributing, or the utilization of all or any part of the content Contributor has or will provide to SCB, without exception, as it pertains to other non SBC entities.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SCB BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT CONTRIBUTOR PROVIDES, OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SCB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY, AND IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCE, THE LIABILITY OF SCB IN SUCH JURISDICTION SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
INDEMNIFICATION: All parties agree to indemnify and hold SCB, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any information that Contributor submits, posts to or transmits through the Services, Contributor’s content submission and/or any Content under the Services, Contributor’s connection to the Services, Contributor’s violation of the terms of this Waiver, or Contributor’s violation of the rights of any third person. SCB may, if necessary, and at its sole discretion, participate in the defense of any claim or action and any negotiations for settlement. No settlement which may adversely affect SCB’s rights or obligations shall be made without the prior written approval of SCB. SCB reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Contributor, in which event Contributor will cooperate with SCB in asserting any available defenses. In any action, arising out of this Waiver, or to enforce or defend the Waiver, the prevailing party shall recover their reasonable attorney fees and costs including all fees for pre and post judgment actions and all appellate proceedings.