Owner of The Broome Law Firm, P.A., Christopher E. Broome, Esq. provides legal representation to individual and business clients in Brevard County and throughout the state of Florida. With offices in Titusville and Viera, Broome represents clients in matters of probate and trust administration and litigation, business law, estate planning, real estate matters, Medicaid planning, guardianship, elder law and civil litigation.
Having practiced law for over 23 years, Broome is able to draw on a wealth of past experience in helping each client understand the many and complex issues involved in that client’s case. Each client is unique and presents with a complex and varied set of facts and circumstances. There is not a one size fits all approach to legal representation. “Reminding a client that they cannot fix other people or change the past brings the client from an emotional low and helps the client see the resolution,” Broome said.
Expanding on his commitment to service, Chris opened a second office in Viera, bringing his legal services to a wider audience, including:
- PROBATE & TRUST ADMINISTRATION – Advocacy to ensure client’s wishes are met and that their estates provide for their beneficiaries in a timely manner;
- ESTATE PLANNING – Assistance to ensure clients maximize the value of their estate and protect their beneficiaries’ financial interests;
- BUSINESS LAW – Assistance with the establishment of business organizations, following legal guidelines, resolving employee disputes, preparation of contracts and non-compete agreements, representation for mergers, sales, acquisitions and litigation;
- REAL ESTATE – Support for individual and business real estate transactions, including determining legal title to real estate and litigating issues concerning real estate ownership;
- ELDER LAW – Assisting seniors and their families with guardianship and incapacity issues, Medicaid and VA planning and asset protection; and,
- LITIGATION – Representation of individual and business clients in lawsuits and mediation.
Broome is a second-generation attorney and a U.S. Military Veteran. His father, Charles F. Broome, Esq., was the original founder of the firm and practiced law for over 40 years in Brevard County before retiring in 2004.
Broome earned his B.A. in History at the University of Central Florida in 1988, and his Juris Doctor from the Stetson University College of Law in 1991. He is a member of both the Florida Bar and the Brevard County Bar Association. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps on active and reserve duty, and he recently retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from reserve duty after 23 years of service.
Throughout his career, Broome has served the local community of Brevard. His passion for helping others has led him to be an active, contributing member of the Brevard County community. He is a past director on the Board of Directors of The Brevard County Bar Association, past chairman of the Jess Parrish Medical Foundation, and served as a council member on the Titusville City Council. He is currently serving as the incoming chairman of the Titusville YMCA, legal counsel for the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation, and is a member of the Brevard County Civilian/Military Council. Broome is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar and the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar and a VA accredited attorney.
He commented, “I do my best to simplify the complicated issues for my clients, making it easier for them to understand the potential and actual legal and equitable issues they face, whether it’s a simple contract, their rights or a lawsuit.”
The Broome Law Firm, P.A.